San Jose Attorneys For Unpaid Wages And Overtime
Attorneys For Unpaid Overtime, Missed Work Breaks, And Unpaid Commissions In California
There are many ways that employers can cheat employees of their hourly wages, often without the employee even knowing they are being cheated. Whether it’s the occasional request to stay an extra hour that then becomes a regular pattern — always without pay — or the “press of business” that means you can’t take your lunch break, failing to pay employees for time worked is illegal. For example, you may have asked the following questions:
- Were you told you had to work overtime but not paid overtime?
- Were you required to work through your meal or rest breaks?
- Were you told to report for work at a certain time but then not paid for time you had to wait to begin work?
- Has your employer wrongly withheld commissions that should have been yours, per your employment agreement?
- Were you wrongfully fired or terminated in order for your employer to avoid paying you a commission?
Wage and hour violations often affect an entire class of workers, not just one employee. Immigrant workers are most vulnerable but many hourly workers are not well informed about how California and federal employment laws protect them.
If you are an hourly worker, you ARE protected from illegal and unreasonable employer demands that you work overtime or skip breaks. But you might need legal help to ensure your rights are protected and to help you get the wages you deserve.
Santa Clara County Employment Lawyers
Call 408-550-1732 to speak directly with a San Jose wage and hour claims attorney at Jachimowicz Law Group, or contact our San Jose law office online. Your initial consultation is free and in most instances we will handle your case on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay no attorneys’ fees until we achieve a successful verdict or settlement for you.
Our San Jose wage and hour claim lawyers are experienced and aggressive advocates for workers’ rights in wage and overtime disputes.
- Are you a salesperson who was denied your full commission or terminated to avoid paying your commission? We can help.
- Are you an employee who travels between job sites who has not been paid for travel time during your employment? We can help.
- Are you an employee who is regularly denied an uninterrupted lunch break or asked to work beyond your shift? We can help.
Misclassification Of Employees In San Jose
One of the biggest problems in the area of wage and hour claims is misclassification of lower-level workers as “managers,” and misclassification of employees as “contractors” in order to bypass wage and hour laws. Salaried employees whose job duties are generally routine may have been misclassified. Learn more about misclassification to see if this has happened to you.
You have a right to fair pay for the work you performed in good faith. Contact a San Jose, California wage and hour attorney at Jachimowicz Law Group to schedule a free consultation. We serve clients in Santa Clara County and throughout the Bay Area.